Prior to the shoot I had discussed the concept of the shoot, inspiration and expectations of final outcome with the photographer and model. It was great that the photographer knew exactly what I wanted from the very beginning of the shoot and no time was wasted. The model was also very easily directed and showed that she understood the mood and story of the shoot.
During the shoot, we completed two separate looks. The makeup was subtle which I found enhances the model's natural beauty and a lot more flattering than the heavy eye makeup in the trial shoot, giving a sweeter and more innocent look. For hair, I used a synthetic hair wig. At first I was skeptical and considered using the model's real hair instead because the front of the wig was very fake and obvious. However, I decided to use the wig because I liked the darkness and length of it. To conceal the hairline, I pinned sheer red fabric to the head and added flowers, the outcome looked as though the model was wearing a headpiece which I thought complemented and completed the look.
We played around with the lighting and experimented with different coloured gel filters and found that blue and red worked the best, giving the images cool vivid colour and dimension. We also used filters over the lens of the camera for a dreamlike effect and to cancel out any harsh edges, dreamlike imagery is very much the photographer's aesthetic - the excitement over the images made the whole experience enjoyable.
For the second look, I initially planned to engulf the model in flowers but since we were running out of time in the studio I decided to only do a few flowers spread out across the face, neck and collar bones. The process of creating the flowers on the body was time consuming because each petal had to be glued on separately. Despite the model not being completely engulfed in flowers, I still feel that there is a powerful and sensual feel to the images.
Unedited Images










No comments:
Post a Comment