For this series of images that represent the sleep phenomenon 'sexsomnia', I wanted to create a 'blossoming' effect with the protagonist.
In the first two images, the protagonist appears very sweet and innocent and almost demure - these represent the beginning of the dream. In post production, I made the makeup stand out a little bit more, I feel that the blush around the eyes gives an oriental touch - almost geisha like. I may give all series an oriental touch, both subtle or obvious as a sort of creator signature. Although not intended I like the soft and blurriness of the first two images compared to the last images - it can represent the heightening clarity of the dream.
As more flowers appear, she transcends into a state of seduction. She appears graceful and relaxed. I think that the lighting and background worked very well for the following image, there is a balance of cool and warm tones which makes this image very relaxing to look at. There is a quite a romantic presence. However, I really do wish that I could've added more flowers to the skin, especially the neck and shoulders, to give an unnerving aspect which is missing from this photo.
She climaxes. I like how unsettling the image is, the eyes are turned up and I feel that the use of upwards motion blur heightens the impact of the image.
She awakens.
I like the coldness of this last image, it is the only image in which the character has her eyes open which works well because only when she wakes does she open her eyes. Unlike the character inspired by sleep paralysis who derives from the dream world, this character portrays the sleeper as she experiences sexsomnia. The reflective material wrapped around her almost gives an impression that she is underwater which I find unnerving because it gives an impression that the character is trapped or suffocating, or dead.
Out of all the images taken, I feel that the last two images were most successful. Although I like the previous images, I feel that there is a part of the story missing. Some have described sexsomia as pleasurable but most find it threatening, some who have experienced sexsomnia have believed it to be rape. I think I will take a break from these images and return with a fresh mind as to how it can be improved.






No comments:
Post a Comment