For the project proposal, I did a test shoot loosely inspired by the tale of little red riding hood - it was a sensual and symbolic shoot playing with the sexual connotations portrayed in the tale. Since I changed my source of inspiration from folk and fairytale to dreams and sleep phenomenon, I figured that I could further develop the character I already created with the theme sexsomnia in mind. This story will capture the character's loss of innocence, arousal and orgasm
Abstract from my proposal:
"For the test shoot, it was decided that the theme was to be ‘loss of innocence’. The dream is very loosely based on Little Red Riding Hood, however there are no direct references. Big innocent doll eyes were juxtaposed with smudged lips and berry stained fingers; the red symbolises sin. The veil, as you can see in the majority of the images, symbolises innocence, at the end of the series; the protagonist loses that veil and therefore loses her innocence."
Although I like these photos, I feel that hair and makeup is perhaps too heavy, instead of trying to redefine the model's features, lighter and more subtle makeup will let the model's natural beauty shine through and create something more authentic. I would also prefer if the lighting was more dramatic, the images lack dimension due to over exposure and I do not like the crisp sharp edges. After comparing the images achieved in the last shoot (sleep paralysis), these images look amateur.
I would like to reshoot these images with a different makeup and hair design and experiment with different lighting whilst keeping a red theme.




No comments:
Post a Comment