Sunday, 14 February 2016

SLEEP PARALYSIS: RETOUCHED IMAGES

I have thoroughly looked through the photos from the shoot and have chosen a few to retouch and review. The editing is quite minimal, I mostly adjusted the exposure, saturation and contrast. 


Above is one of my favourite photos from the shoot, I used a sheer red fabric over the camera to achieve the gentle blur and red streaks. I also slightly retouched the eyes by dulling the whites and adding reflection to give the illusion of teariness.



I like the composition of this photo, the mesh veil almost creates the illusion of aura radiating off the model, or a protective layer between the model and the viewer. However, I feel that this photo maybe too fashion and beauty focused. 



I think this photo is the most haunting of all the photos. I edited the eyes so they are glazed over with white to heighten the eeriness of the photo, the angle of the photo is inspired by the sleepers viewpoint.




As the model emerges from the darkness there is a hint of seduction, the inability to make out her entire body is frightening. I like how soft the edges are as the gentle blur gives a romantic yet mysterious appeal. 



The next step is to develop the character of the demon, at the moment she appears quite beautiful and alluring yet I would like to capture a more frightening side of her. I will use the same model but alter the makeup and hair to create a monstrous form. 



No comments:

Post a Comment