Grade received: A2
Feedback comment:
Yoiwan – your proposal is very well presented and clearly outlines your final outcome. You introduce the concept and discuss your inspiration clearly, and by analysing and considering your test shoots, you are well placed to move on quickly. It is a shame that you haven’t included any links so that we are able to see the actual test film, or moving images that have inspired you; this would have added more depth to your description. One main point for consideration is your role – you have given yourself a lot to do, have you thought about finding a videographer or photographer to work with so that you can focus more on the makeup/hair and overall look of the shoot? You do include a fashion photographer in your round up of the ‘team’ you will be working with, but there is no mention of what she will be doing in particular. Your budget is a little vague, what materials have you costed for? Why do your models cost £300 – is this an arte from an agency or travel/food costs? Just a small point, but important nonetheless. Overall though, you have discussed and visualised your FMP to an extremely high standard, and I look forward to seeing it develop.
Response:
In the proposal, I have made a statement that I will be keeping my production team quite small. The main reason for this is that I like to do a lot of the production myself, I like being in control and I feel that by fulfilling different roles I am able to expand my skill set. However, realistically the quality of the project might be at risk because I have given myself too much to focus on. I have come to the conclusion that I will need to collaborate with a fashion photographer who is also skilled in filming for the majority of the shoots. I was scared that by not taking the photographs myself I would not be able to precisely describe what I envision. However, I have worked with this fashion photographer multiple times in the past and since we have a similar sense of aesthetic I have faith that the images will turn out as I envision. She is also much more technically skilled in photography than I am, and this means that we can experiment with the photography a lot more. I will also engage in many in depth conversations with her prior to any shoots to come up with detailed plans about the aesthetic envisioned. Stepping away from the role of the photographer will also give me the chance to focus more on the makeup/hair and creative direction.
I have kept the budget vague in the proposal because I didn't truly know what to expect. The cost of materials is high because it includes wigs, makeup items that I need to purchase for certain looks, and the materials I need in creating backdrops. The budget for models was £300 pounds, I don't expect to pay every model because some will be paid in exchange for photos for their modelling portfolio. However, there will be 6 models, so my budget was £50 per model just in case, I need to provide travelling/food costs.
Overall, I am absolutely delighted that I received a first for my proposal and I am now even more motivated to do my best for this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment