Friday, 22 April 2016

PHANTASIA TEASER TRAILER



I decided that a good way to promote my exhibition was to create a teaser trailer. I collected and reviewed clips of film that had taken from the shoots and spent a day putting them together to create a thirty second video which I thought was enough to capture an audience's attention without revealing too much, I only showcased three characters out of five to keep the project mysterious.

I spent hours alone trying to find music to go with the video, I decided to use free music from Soundcloud - I liked the effect of the gentle piano, distorted sounds and static which I find unnerving and haunting. I used Final Cut Pro to edit the video, I spent a long time cutting clips to capture the perfect moments and slowed down many of the clips and added different effects to accentuate movement. I found colour correction difficult because all the clips were captured on different shoots which meant that the lighting was always different, I adjusted levels of exposure, contrast and tones, going back and forth making adjustments until I found all the clips to appear coherent. Overall I am happy with the outcome, and I have posted the video on my professional Youtube channel and shared the video on Facebook and Instagram. 




No comments:

Post a Comment