Sunday, 10 April 2016

SHOOT 5: MADNESS


This shoot is another that I shot myself. I found that during the shoot I was very comfortable, I think that having to depend on myself for the majority of the project has really expanded my skill set - I really like having ultimate control. 

I had a very engaged model who I thought portrayed the character really well and I was pleased that I was able to capture it vividly on camera. One problem that arose was that the paint on the arms kept transferring on the dress as she moved, but this is a small problem as the paint stains can be easily removed on photoshop. Another issue that I thought would ruin the images was the shadows in the background, initially I was very frustrated by them and tried to remove them by changing the lighting setup, however, on reflection I found myself gravitating towards the images that consisted of a strong shadow. I felt that the shadows gave the images more depth and gave a unnerving aspect as it can appear as though there is an entity following the character. In this context - the shadow works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment