Since my project is centred around darker dreams, my dream character for this series of images will resemble a vengeful spirit with sinister intentions - she is a deceased lover of someone who is still living, one who contradicts the phrase till death do us part. The series of images that I will create can be described as a twisted love story. As discussed in the previous post, this series is inspired by Edith's Warton's Pomegranate Seed.
Red will be used as a symbolic colour. Red is a colour which symbolises love and romance, rage and anger, blood and malice - all the emotions this character is to portray.
For the makeup, I was inspired by the ghostly character designs from Guillermo Del Toro films such as the Devils Backbone (2001) and Crimson Peak (2016) where blood flows down along the natural contours of the face but leaving some to defy gravity by flowing upwards giving it a supernatural effect. I wanted to create intricate details around the eyes to imitate the pattern of lace but also cracks and veins. I chose a model with blue eyes so that the eyes really stand out from the makeup.
Designing the hair is always a challenge. For this shoot I have decided to give the model big blonde hair with curls that imitate unravelled 1930s hair to give softness to the harshness of the look but to also to create a more historical look.
I have decided to use wigs for all my images because using the model's real hair really limits colour, length and volume. By styling wigs ready for each shoot I am able to drastically transform the model and it drastically saves time when getting the model through hair and makeup.



No comments:
Post a Comment