For this series of images, I tried to experiment with different lighting, combining both cool and warm colours. I achieved this by using two spotlights on either side of the model, one utilising a cool gel filter and the other a warm gel filter. In a couple of the images, I created a hazy gradient background by aiming a pink light upwards from under the model. Using a cloth filter over the camera lens also gave the images a dreamy effect and the model an airbrushed feel which smoothens the skin whilst adding a glowing effect. I found that this setup worked particularly well, I also found that adjusting the intensity of the light gave different effects, making the image either softer or more contrasting. I was very happy with the studio set up, having regularly assisted shoots in the past, I feel that I have put to use the skills that I have learnt from various photographers and adjusted techniques to find my personal style. By using similar effects on all series of images I will be able to keep the images looking consistent.
I was very happy with the model, I had a conversation with her before the shoot about the Edith Wharton story that inspired the character and having also seen Crimson Peak, she understood the dark gothic romance storyline.



No comments:
Post a Comment