Thursday, 5 May 2016

LAST TUTORIAL



Before submission I made sure to go to one last tutorial to see if I can make any more improvements. 


When presenting the website to Sharon, she was very pleased with the outcome but gave me a few pointers to work on before submission. 


I was most insecure about the writing running throughout the exhibition, but upon reviewing, Sharon was very excited about them and encouraged me to write more narrative running alongside the images, she suggested that the creative writing works well and will provide a narrative voice throughout the exhibition. This would also help emphasize the images and encourage the viewer to linger longer on each page which would prolong the experience. 






Another strong suggestion was to reorder the images so that the images flow better as a story. She also recommended that I adjusted the sizing of the images so that they do not stagger as that could be distracting and to also crop into areas of the images that have interesting detail to make the images appear less repetitive. 




Sharon also wondered if I could add a logo to the top center or corner of each page to remind the viewer where they are. I have since tried this and I felt that it was too distracting, and decided to put a big logo on the credits page instead as a reminder for the viewer. 

Re-adjusting the order of images and sizing of the images didn't take too long but having to come up with new creative writing to go along with the images the day before the hand in was a little stressful, however, I was able to power through it by listening to dark entrancing ambient music as a main source of inspiration. 

I am very glad I went to a last tutorial as I feel these minor changes have vastly improved and complete the exhibition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment